ACOUSTICIAN – ASSOCIATE OR SENIOR CONSULTANT
We are currently seeking a qualified acoustician for an Associate or Senior Consultant position which will be based out of our Emeryville (SF Bay Area) office. Education and experience should be commensurate with the position you are interested in, typically, 3 to 7 years and 6 to 10 years, respectively. This is a full‐time position (nominal 35‐hour workweek) with benefits that include health care, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and a good work/life balance. Salary: $55,000 to $90,000 per year, based on qualifications. The successful applicant must be an independent, reliable, and mature individual who is a self‐starter and thrives in both in‐office and outdoor environments. You will be joining a group of technical experts who collectively have more than 300 years of experience and knowledge.
Your contributions will include, but will not be limited to:
- Acoustical and vibration measurements, usually in the field
- Noise and vibration technical analyses and computer modeling
- Preparation and/or support of reports (writing and graphics) in clear, concise English
- Senior Consultant will be expected to have frequent client interaction and actively engage in business development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration
- Direct, relatable experience to match the level of position you are seeking
- Ability to work collaboratively, take direction, and ask questions a must
- Proficiency in Excel and Word and at least one acoustic software package such as EASE, CadnaA, SoundPLAN, TNM
- Working knowledge of CAD will be considered a plus
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must demonstrate proof of permission to work permanently in the United States at hire
Many of our employees are able to work remotely during the COVID‐19 pandemic, but the new employee will spend several days of week on premises in the office or in the field. Proof of vaccination or accommodation will be requested, and masks while working are required.
Position will be open until filled.
**WHAT TO SUBMIT**
- Your cover letter introducing yourself and why you would like to work for Wilson Ihrig.
- Your resume.
- Employment Application Form.
- Completed Permission to Obtain Information and Release Forms: Wilson Ihrig Job Application + Release Form 2021.
Please note that candidates may not be considered until all four requested documents are received.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Apply via Indeed HERE.