Read about our visit from students at UC Berkeley here!
Wilson Ihrig is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Career development is encouraged through participation in professional organizations.
We are currently seeking Assistant Acousticians for our San Francisco Bay Area office in Emeryville, CA (HQ) and Seattle-area office.
Your contributions will include, but will not be limited to:
- Extensive acoustical and vibration measurements, usually in the field. Field trips may happen outside normal working hours, may require long days, and do involve travel to different parts of the country (or the world!)
- Field work can require operating in active construction sites, climbing ladders, walking to remote off-road locations with test equipment that can weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- Noise and vibration technical analyses and computer modeling
- Preparation and/or support of reports (writing and graphics) in clear, concise English
- Degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration.
- 0-3 years direct, relatable work experience
- Knowledge of basic acoustical relations and equations a plus
- Experience using sound and/or vibration measurement equipment a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively, take direction, and ask questions
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with sound and vibration prediction model software (SoundPlan, CadnaA), CAD programs, MatLab, and/or programming languages is highly desirable
- Familiarity with vibration concepts and measurement a plus
- Must demonstrate, at hire, proof of permission to work permanently in the United States
TO APPLY FOR ANY POSITION:
Please submit a cover letter introducing yourself and why you would like to work for us, along with your resume, Employment Application Form, and Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form (Wilson Ihrig Job Application 2019) all in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Wilson Ihrig, Attn: Careers, 6001 Shellmound Street, Suite 400, Emeryville, CA 94608